Impact biomechanics applied to the improvement of passive safety of vehicles
The main objective of this unit is to improve the knowledge of the human body behaviour in impact scenarios as well as its protection with safety devices and restrain systems. The main lines of activity are:
- Mathematical modeling of passive safety systems and ATDs (Anthropomorphic Test Devices) for dynamic simulations.
- Optimization of passive safety systems by testing and validated simulation models.
- Derivation and scaling the different injury criteria for ADTs.
- Definition and evaluation of biofidelity requirements in ADTs.
- Design and development of new testing procedures.