Vehicle and Automotive Components Laboratory
The Vehicle and Automotive Components Laboratory has comprehensive facilities for carrying out a wide range of tests:
- Tyre tests
- Vehicle Rollover Stability Test
- Test Track
The Vehicle and Automotive Components Laboratory has a Tyre Testing Area with the purpose of obtaining official approval (new and remould), in accordance with the technical requirements laid down in current Regulations.. The activities of the Vehicle and Automotive Components Laboratory in the Area of Tyre tests, is divided into three:
- Tyre test for official approval
- Tyre static stiffness test
- Thermo graphic Test
INSIA has comprehensive facilities for carrying out a wide range of on-track vehicle test. The test track has a circular platform for maneuvers and a total area of 3000 m² paved. Has specific areas as test types as a bumpy area with speeders and an off-road area.
- Straight Length: 170 m
- Circular platform 60 m in diameter
- Total length: 700 m
- Braking tests.
- Dynamic lateral stability tests
- Cornering behaviour
- Suspension behaviour
- Large vehicles maneuverability
- Fields of view
Vehicle Rollover Stability Test
Channelled towards the study of Vehicle Lateral Behaviour and Official Approval in relation to lateral stability in Buses, Coaches and Tank Trucks.Particularly worthy of mention are:
- Determination of the centre of gravity height
- Static rollover Threshold Evaluation.
- Rollover Structural Strength Evaluation.