Simulation and Calculation Laboratory
- Human Resources:
- University teachers, doctors and engineers experienced with than 15 years in preparing and participating on national and international R&D&i projects.
- Technicians and researches (engineers) trained in the use of software and testing tools, with up to 10 years of experience in structural calculation of buses, coaches, large goods vehicles and components.
- Laboratory test specialists and administrative staff with more than 15 years of experience in official approval and vehicle certification.
- Test Resources:
- VIC 3D
- Extensometric measurement equipment HBM MGCPlus + CATMAN
- Explicit and implicit finite elements calculations: ANSYS, LS-DYNA.
- Multibody Simulation , ADAMS, own software.
- Mechanical Design, AutoCAD, Master Suite, CATIA
- Computational Fluid Dynamics CFD, OPENFOAM
- Dynamic Analysis, I-DEAS TEST, MODAL CORRELATION, LABVIEW, MATLAB, DEWESOFT
- High-performance calculation cluster: 4 x PowerEdge R900 Modules). 4-Core Intel Xeon E7420
Range of Tests
- Fatigue analysis of welded joints
- Impact Models
- Nonlinear models about collapse of structures
- Transient dynamic modeling and fatigue analysis
- Modal analysis and vibration models
- Wave CFD models of tanker trucks
- Aerodynamic CFD Models
- Vehicle testing and specifications design.
- Instant lift parachute virtual model for approval
- Topological optimization