The activities of the LECA can be classified into two categories:
Lift Parts Testing Laboratory (LECA)
- Homologation Tests. The LECA has facilities for testing lift parts and is a laboratory accredited by ENAC in accordance with UNE-EN ISO/IEC 17025 for conducting homologation tests in accordance with Standard UNE-EN 81-1/2:2001+A3:2010 Annex F.
- R&D activities. Developing models to simulate the performance of lifts and their systems (FEM, Multibody).
- Collaboration with the Public Administration in drawing up plans to evaluate energy consumption and plans to stimulate renewal.
- Collaboration with companies on new developments, systems modelling and parts, non-regulatory tests, etc.
UNE-EN 81-1:2001 Tests, Annex F within the scope of the LECA:
- Lift-door locking devices
- Speed limiters
- Instant action parachutes
- Progressive parachutes